McGaw.io, a kick-ass Marketing Technology, and Marketing Analytics consultancy are in search of a Full-stack Developer with a passion for design, marketing, WordPress & front-end development.
Our Mission at McGaw.io is to help companies of all sizes realize their customer data is their most valuable business asset. And we help them realize that through customer data infrastructure, high power analytics, marketing automation, personalization, and funnel optimization.
We support businesses with analytics, marketing automation, customer data platforms, data piping, websites, AB testing, and all sorts of marketing operations. As we derive insights from these technical efforts, we also inform growth strategies that routinely move the needle for our clients. Our track record is impeccable, and our leadership has supported some of the fastest-growing companies in the world. McGaw.io’s core client base sells online and has complex data and marketing practices that drive our team to dig deeper every day
You will be working in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment where deadlines and time management are a must. This is a senior-level role, and we are looking for a curious, highly communicative, hard-working peer to join us in our dedicated effort to be the best marketing technology consultancy there is.
The Full-Stack Developer we hire will have strong experience in WordPress theme building and plugin development. You will develop, launch, and maintain websites and systems for our growing client base. They will also be a great designer who will apply their passion for the brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide the design process to create delightful high converting digital experiences.
The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency in design, development, and programming. They will be able to make a meaningful contribution from day one and will be comfortable working with team members of all levels and departments within the organization. You will be willing to share your questions, opinions, and insights with clients and teams in order to affect decision making and solutions. You will be challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in a new and creative way as we continually add new products and services to the company.
Observable Indicators to let you know you are performing well in this role:
- Project Management: All technical tasks performed within provided estimates, both for timeliness and level of effort/hours worked
- Work quality: Low defect rate during the QA process, including both quality of output and accommodating non-obvious use cases
- Communication: Can communicate effectively verbally/written with clients and account leads to explain scope, estimates, work product, and challenges.
- Client Strategy: Lead client development and analytics integration to enable revenue growth
- Project performance: Achieve labor efficiency ratio of 3.0 by their 90th day
- Project management: Manage time and planning accordingly to ensure no tasks/projects go past due without leadership approval or client approval
- At least 1 years of experience working from home/Remote
- At least 6 years of experience with building WordPress themes and WordPress plugin development. Experience with WordPress Network Sites is a plus.
- Ability to write clean code and follow coding standards
- Ability to work in a team setting and able to adapt at a moment's notice.
- Develop and maintain complex WordPress-based applications
- Implement complex features using modern PHP code and patterns while following standards
- Development with WordPress widgets, plugins, custom post types, and page templates.
- Comprehensive understanding of what it takes to write secure and performant code
- Proven expertise in Object-Oriented Principles, software development life cycle, and best practices.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Experience using Git
- Google Analytics
- Mixpanel, Amplitude, and Segment
- Google Tag Manager
- Optimizely, VWO or Google Optimize
- Experience building marketing landing pages
- Team player
- Highly coachable
- Quick learner that can adapt to an ever-changing startup environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (speaking, listening, and writing)
- Positive and energetic personality
- Fearless with a willingness to try new ideas and concepts
- Organized, efficient, and ready to get stuff done
- Autonomous and driven
- Scrappy and resourceful
- Project management
Benefits of Working for McGaw.io
- Flexible work schedule
- Work from anywhere, fully-remote position
- Premium health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive salary with opportunities for bonus’
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Company computer
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
- Continued education and training that exceeds what you have ever seen before