This is a fully remote position.
McGaw.io, a Marketing Technology & Marketing Analytics consultancy, is in search of a Director of Growth Marketing to join our team and work directly with our clients to drive positive business results and build strong relationships.
Our Mission at McGaw.io is to help companies of all sizes realize their customer data is their most valuable business asset. And we help them realize that through customer data infrastructure, high power analytics, marketing automation, personalization, and funnel optimization.
McGaw.io supports businesses with analytics, marketing automation, customer data platforms, data piping, websites, AB testing, and all sorts of marketing operations. As we derive insights from these technical efforts, we also inform & execute growth strategies that routinely move the needle for our clients.
Our track record is impeccable, and our leadership has supported some of the fastest-growing companies in the world. McGaw.io’s core client base sells online and has complex data and marketing practices that drive our team to dig deeper every day.
To directly lead client projects to enable client revenue growth and lead all client’s growth strategies to generate revenue while maintaining a high labor efficiency ratio of 3.0 or higher within 90 days of starting.
- Understanding growth-focused client needs and objectives to develop revenue-generating strategies, tech stacks, and omnichannel tactics
- Directs growth-focused projects with strategy, team leadership, technical knowledge, client communication, and revenue generation
- Establish goals and metrics to ensure the team and client have a common understanding of the scope and objectives
- Accurately manage resource allocation and hours of all teams and contractors.
- Provide often an in-depth review of the team’s work to catch inaccuracies and provide feedback, coaching, correction, and processes to improve future projects.
- Ensuring growth-focused accounts/projects on budget and profitable
- Keeping growth-focused projects in scope and that new item get priced/scoped as new projects
- Meeting with clients often to provide leadership, strategy, and direction.
- Correctly scope and estimate new projects to ensure profitability.
- Reporting and analyzing growth projects to ensure they are exceeding the client’s expectations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in growth marketing
- Technical skillset which includes deep experience with Customer Data Platforms (Segment preferred), Event-Driven Analytics (Amplitude and Mixpanel preferred), and Marketing Automation (Autopilot, Pardot, or Marketo preferred)
- Service focused, deliver a positive, professional, and consultative customer experience
- 3+ years of experience working in an agency environment preferred (strategy & operations, technology)
- A results-driven leader who is fearless about execution, and can champion a vision/roadmap, and is not afraid to dig into the details
- The data-driven mindset with proven experience utilizing metrics & insights as tools for informed decision-making
- Proactive, plan, thinking in long term time frames as well as short time frames. Planning the team's resources while keeping tasks within the scope and on time.
- An extreme eye for detail and has a preference for high quality good looking products, websites, and design
- Clear communication skills that can speak with authority while also understanding that they have two ears for listening.
- Curious to a fault, and wants to make sure they ask clarifying questions to ensure there are no assumptions and all parties are aligned.
- Ability to communicate complex technical challenges with clients and ensure they understand the value, impact, or consequence of decisions.
Observable indicators to let you know you are performing well in this role.
- Client Strategy: Lead client growth and optimization strategy to identify revenue opportunities to have a 6-month roadmap for all growth clients
- Client Happiness: Secure approval from the client to conduct either a case study or video testimonial of their project at 3 months, 6 months, and/or at project completion 85% of the time.
- Client performance: Accomplish 90% of the client’s objectives during the project timeline
- Client Retention: Retain 80% of clients in recurring contracts over a rolling 3-month period
- Project performance: Achieve labor efficiency ratio of 3.0+ on owned client projects and account leads projects by your 90th day
- Client Expansion: Expand project size/scope/revenue 10% of the time by the third month of work with a client
The Director of Growth Marketing and Client Success will directly lead client projects to enable client revenue growth and lead all client’s growth strategies to generate revenue while maintaining a high labor efficiency. You will serve as a client advocate within McGaw.io and serve as the primary point of contact for your clients.
The objective of the Director of Growth Marketing and Client Success is to understand client needs/objectives, help develop strategies and work in unison with our team to execute the projects and campaigns promptly.
As the Director of Growth and Client Success, you have solid experience in growth marketing, funnel optimization with a human experience approach. You have a clear idea of how marketing strategy tied with the tech stack increases revenue.
You will start working with a client in the final stages of an account closed for new business. This deal could be either an audit, strategy, or retainer. You will also help sales build estimates and scopes of work. Once a deal is closed, the Director of Growth Marketing and Client Success will lead the account themselves, do most of their own marketing operations and delegate some of their work to others.
Leading a client account requires taking detailed meeting notes to understand their objectives. Building growth strategies/roadmaps that will increase the client’s revenue. And performing the day-to-day tasks to accomplish the growth efforts in marketing tools, marketing channels, and analytics.
For someone to be successful in this role, they will need to effectively and independently communicate the scope of work and the progress in technical and layman’s terms to the client. They will need to work well with the client's team to solve, schedule, and scope urgent requests from a client or team member.
Being able to schedule short-term and long-term goals while staying under budget is key to success in this position.
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Work remotely
- Premium Health, Dental, and Visions Insurance (dependant coverage offered)
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Competitive salary with opportunities for bonuses
- Company Laptop, Monitor, and other equipment needed for remote setup
- Federal holidays off for US Citizens and national holidays off for international employees
- Radically transparent workplace
- Ample opportunity to implement your ideas and suggestions
- Become a thought leader in the marketing technology community
- Continued education and training that exceeds what you have ever seen before
- $25 monthly Starbucks allowance