Senior Producer/Project Manager
This is a fully remote position.
McGaw.io, a Marketing Technology & Marketing Analytics consultancy, is in search of a Senior Producer/Project Manager to join our team and work directly with our account leads and clients to drive positive business results and build strong relationships.
Our Mission at McGaw.io is to help companies of all sizes realize their customer data is their most valuable business asset. And we help them realize that through customer data infrastructure, high power analytics, marketing automation, personalization, and funnel optimization.
McGaw.io supports businesses with analytics, marketing automation, customer data platforms, data piping, websites, AB testing, and all sorts of marketing operations. As we derive insights from these technical efforts, we also inform & execute growth strategies that routinely move the needle for our clients.
Our track record is impeccable, and our leadership has supported some of the fastest-growing companies in the world. McGaw.io’s core client base sells online and has complex data and marketing practices that drive our team to dig deeper every day.
To enable clients projects to be delivered one time and on budget through proper project onboarding, team member scheduling, adherence to project timelines, and problem-solving all while staying calm under pressure.
- Manage work schedules for the production team and contractors so work is completed on time across all clients and projects
- Help gather results in analytics tools, review team members’ work, etc.
- Lead new client onboarding by following our documented process and making it better with each iteration
- Hold account leads accountable for creating roadmaps for all clients and keep them on schedule to deliver objectives in those roadmaps
- Accurately manage resource allocation and hours of all marketing teams or contractors.
- Ensuring all accounts/projects on budget and profitable
- Correctly break down, schedule, and assign project objectives to ensure profitability and on-time completion.
- Scheduling team and projects months in advance to enable sales to know the availability of resources
- Review estimated vs actual time spent on tasks, epics, and projects to improve our estimation process
Skills, talents, and experiences needed to create superior results.
- 5+ years of experience working as a project manager in an agency, consulting, or professional services environment
- 5+ years of experience managing complex programs with multiple projects/workstreams/clients
- Ability to provide specific critical feedback on work products of others and push them to deliver higher quality results with every iteration, no “rubber-stamping” work.
- Service focused, deliver a positive, professional, and consultative customer experience
- Data-driven mindset with proven experience utilizing metrics & insights as tools for informed decision-making
- Proactive, plan ahead, thinking in long term time frames as well as short time frames. Planning the team's resources while keeping tasks within scope and on time.
- An extreme eye for detail and has a preference for high quality good looking products, websites, and design
- Clear communication skills that can speak with authority, while also understanding that they have two ears for listening.
- Curious to a fault, and wants to make sure they ask clarifying questions to ensure there are no assumptions and all parties are aligned.
- Exposure to marketing technology like Customer Data Platforms, Event-Driven Analytics, and Marketing Automation
Observable indicators to let you know you are performing well in this role.
- Client Strategy: Lead client growth and optimization strategy to identify revenue opportunities to have a 6-month roadmap for your clients
- Client Happiness: Secure approval from the client to conduct either a case study or video testimonial of their project at 3 months, 6 months, and/or at project completion 85% of the time.
- Client Retention: Retain 80% of clients in recurring contracts over a rolling 3-month period
- Project performance: Achieve a labor efficiency ratio of 3.0+ on client projects by your 90th day
- Client Expansion: Expand project size/scope/revenue 10% of the time by the third month of work with a client
- Client performance: Accomplish 90% of the client’s objectives during the project timeline
As the Project Manager, you will work on the client services team. Your main focus will be to keep projects on schedule and profitable. That’ll happen by supporting account leads in turning strategic roadmaps and estimates into scheduled projects and tasks. As a supporting team member to account leads, you will be involved with creating the agendas for client meetings, helping prep things for the account lead for those meetings, and then will be responsible for taking all actions items from the meeting and getting those delegated, scheduled and added to the roadmap.
You’ll also be in charge of prioritizing work for employees and contractors across different projects. That includes scoping and estimating tasks based on past performance on similar projects and tasks. Also looking back at actual time spent to improve our scoping and estimating process. Our work is very technical and we work at an expert level in many complex areas. Past experience with projects in marketing and sales operations, website development, API integration, data analysis, or related areas, is recommended before applying to this role.
This is a data-heavy role. You will be the embodiment of one of our company values on the client services team: create transparency through data. In addition to traditional project management, you will be responsible for making sure the client services team stays data-driven. That will include leading the collection and analysis of internal data from Trello, Harvest (time tracking), and other systems, as well as incorporating client data to hold the team accountable for client KPI performance.
In your first 3 months, you will get up to speed on our project management process and take over PM responsibilities for all active projects. That includes making sure cards in Trello are written up with relevant details, assigned to the right people, and due dates are laid out in a way that aligns with Client roadmaps while maintaining a reasonable workload for people at McGaw. This work will feed into working with account leads to adjust 6-month roadmaps for all clients and help us with resource allocation so we know how many people we need to hire and how many new projects we can bring on.
In the next 3 months and beyond you will continue managing all clients and projects while holding yourself accountable to the observable indicators listed in bullets above. As part of that process, you will be helping project leads meet their observable indicators on all of their projects, and hold them accountable when they are going off course. We will also look to you for guidance on improving our process. That’ll include digging into the data we have available to make process and system improvements. You’ll analyze time logs from the team, card movements, and other historical events in Trello, and other data to find areas for improvement. This work is critical to creating transparency through data for the internal team.
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Work remotely
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Competitive salary with opportunities for bonuses
- Company Laptop, Monitor, and other equipment needed for remote setup
- Federal holidays off for
- Radically transparent workplace
- Ample opportunity to implement your ideas and suggestions
- Become a thought leader in the marketing technology community
- Continued education and training that exceeds what you have ever seen before
- $25 monthly Starbucks allowance
- $50 monthly Uber Eats allowance
- Soup when you are sick
- Birthday and Anniversary gifts