This is a fully remote position.
McGaw.io, a kick-ass Marketing Technology, and Marketing Analytics consultancy is in search of a Front End Developer with a passion for design, marketing, Wordpress & front-end development. You will develop, launch, and maintain websites and marketing systems for our growing client base.
Our Mission at McGaw.io is to help companies of all sizes realize their customer data is their most valuable business asset. And we help them realize that through customer data infrastructure, high power analytics, marketing automation, personalization, and funnel optimization.
McGaw.io supports businesses with analytics, marketing automation, customer data platforms, data piping, websites, AB testing, and all sorts of marketing operations. As we derive insights from these technical efforts, we also inform & execute growth strategies that routinely move the needle for our clients.
Our track record is impeccable, and our leadership has supported some of the fastest-growing companies in the world. McGaw.io’s core client base sells online and has complex data and marketing practices that drive our team to dig deeper every day.
- WordPress/CMS development
- WordPress administration
- WordPress theme building and modification - notably NOT just a WordPress configurator
- Modern HTML/CSS (SASS, LESS, etc.) skills, including modern frameworks and approaches to both
- Experience coding HTML/CSS specifically for email marketing
- Implementing best practices for SEO-optimized markup with direction
- Mid-level SQL for management, updating, and migration of sites.
- Proven expertise in Object-Oriented Principles, software development life cycle, and best practices.Analytics and tagging implementation
- Comfortable using Google Tag Manager and common analytics tools to add and manage custom tracking of websites
- Experience with custom markup and code on websites to drive deeper analysis/metrics
- Marketing tech platforms
- Email marketing and marketing automation tools (Autopilot would be great, but general experience is fine)
- Developing tests and variations in one or more testing platforms (Google Optimize, Optimizely, etc.)
- Experience with one or more landing page and promotion tools (e.g. Unbounce, Leadpages)
- Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Experience using Git
- Google Analytics
- Mixpanel, Amplitude, and Segment
- Google Tag Manager
- Optimizely, VWO or Google Optimize
- Experience building marketing landing pages
- Team player
- Highly coachable
- Quick learner that can adapt to an ever-changing startup environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (speaking, listening, and writing)
- Positive and energetic personality
- Fearless with a willingness to try new ideas and concepts
- Organized, efficient, and ready to get stuff done
- Autonomous and driven
- Scrappy and resourceful
- Project management
Observable indicators to let you know you are performing well in this role:
- Project Management: All technical tasks performed within provided estimates, both for timeliness and level of effort/hours worked
- Work quality: Low defect rate during the QA process, including both quality of output and accommodating non-obvious use cases
- Communication: Can communicate effectively verbally/written with clients and account leads to explain scope, estimates, work product, and challenges.
- Client Strategy: Lead client development and analytics integration to enable revenue growth
- Project performance: Achieve labor efficiency ratio of 3.0 by their 90th day
- Project management: Manage time and planning accordingly to ensure no tasks/projects go past due without leadership approval or client approval
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. We support businesses with analytics, marketing automation, customer data platforms, data piping, websites, AB testing and all sorts of marketing operations. As we derive insights from these technical efforts, we also inform growth strategies that routinely move the needle for our clients. Successful site builds and updates will result in sites that match creative expectations, perform with high speed and reliability, and that are simple and cost-effective to update and upgrade.
The Designer/Developer we hire will have strong experience in Wordpress theme building and plugin development. You will develop, launch, and maintain websites and systems for our growing client base. They will also be a great designer who will apply their passion for brand, craft and design fidelity to guide the design process to create delightful high converting digital experiences.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Work remotely
- Premium Health, Dental, and Visions Insurance (dependant coverage offered)
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Competitive salary with opportunities for bonuses
- Company Laptop, Monitor, and other equipment needed for remote setup
- Federal holidays off for US Citizens and national holidays off for international employees
- Radically transparent workplace
- Ample opportunity to implement your ideas and suggestions
- Become a thought leader in the marketing technology community
- Continued education and training that exceeds what you have ever seen before
- $25 monthly Starbucks allowance