VP of Marketing and Client Services
This position is fully remote/WFH
McGaw.io, a Marketing Technology & Marketing Analytics consultancy, is in search of VP of Marketing and Client Services to join our team and work directly with our clients to drive positive business results and build strong relationships.
Our Mission at McGaw.io is to help companies of all sizes realize their customer data is their most valuable business asset. And we help them realize that through customer data infrastructure, high power analytics, marketing automation, personalization, and funnel optimization.
McGaw.io supports businesses with analytics, marketing automation, customer data platforms, data piping, websites, AB testing, and all sorts of marketing operations. As we derive insights from these technical efforts, we also inform & execute growth strategies that routinely move the needle for our clients.
Our track record is impeccable, and our leadership has supported some of the fastest-growing companies in the world. McGaw.io’s core client base sells online and has complex data and marketing practices that drive our team to dig deeper every day.
To lead the marketing account leads team, directly lead client projects to enable client revenue growth, and lead all client’s growth strategy to generate revenue while maintaining a high labor efficiency.
- Understanding growth-focused clients needs and objectives to develop revenue-generating strategies, tech stacks and omnichannel tactics
- Coach/Manage the marketing account leads team to create revenue generation and success for McGaw.io clients
- Directs all growth-focused projects with strategy, team leadership, technical knowledge, client communication, and revenue generation
- Establish goals and metrics to ensure the team and client have a common understanding of scope and objectives
- Accurately manage resource allocation and hours of all marketing team or contractors.
- Provide often an in-depth review of the team’s work to catch inaccuracies and provide feedback, coaching, correction, and processes to improve future projects.
- Ensuring growth-focused accounts/projects on budget and profitable
- Keeping growth-focused projects in scope and that new item get priced/scoped as new projects
- Meeting with clients often to provide leadership, strategy and direction.
- Correctly scope and estimate new projects to ensure profitability.
- Scheduling team and projects months in advance to enable sales to know the availability of resources
- Conduct weekly coaching and one on one meetings with the team
- Reporting and analyzing growth projects to ensure they are exceeding clients expectations
Skills, talents, and experiences needed to create superior results.
- 10+ years of experience working in consulting (strategy & operations, technology), agency or other similar roles managing complex programs with multiple projects/workstreams
- Technical skillset which includes deep experience with Customer Data Platforms (segment preferred) , Event-Driven Analytics (Amplitude and Mixpanel preferred), and Marketing Automation (Autopilot, Pardot or Marketo preferred)
- Service focused, deliver a positive, professional and consultative customer experience
- Results-driven leader who is fearless about execution, can champion a vision and roadmap and is not afraid to dig into the details with the front-line team
- Data-driven mindset with proven experience utilizing metrics & insights as tools for informed decision-making
- Proactive, plan ahead, thinking in long term time frames as well as short time frames. Planning the team's resources while keeping tasks within scope and on time.
- An extreme eye for detail and has a preference for high quality good looking products, websites and design
- Clear communication skills that can speak with authority, while also understanding that they have two ears for listening.
- Curious to a fault, and wants to make sure they ask clarifying questions to ensure there are no assumptions and all parties are aligned.
- Ability to communicate complex technical challenges with a client and ensure they understand the value, impact or consequence of decisions.
Observable indicators to let you know you are performing well in this role.
- Client Strategy: Lead client growth and optimization strategy to identify revenue opportunities to have a 6-month roadmap for your clients
- Client Happiness: Secure approval from the client to conduct either a case study or video testimonial of their project at 3 months, 6 months, and/or at project compµletion 85% of the time.
- Client Retention: Retain 80% of clients in recurring contracts over a rolling 3-month period
- Project performance: Achieve a labor efficiency ratio of 3.0+ on client projects by your 90th day
- Client Expansion: Expand project size/scope/revenue 10% of the time by the third month of work with a client
- Client performance: Accomplish 90% of the client’s objectives during the project timeline.
As the VP of Marketing and Client Success, you are the leader of the growth services team. You will serve as a client advocate within McGaw.io and serve as the primary point-of-contact for some clients, and also work as an advisor, strategist and quarterback for the other marketing account leads.
The objective of the VP of Marketing and Client Success is to understand client needs/objectives, help develop strategies and work in unison with our team to execute the projects and campaigns in a timely manner.
As a VP of Marketing and Client Success, you have solid experience in growth marketing, funnel optimization with a human experience approach. You have a clear idea of how marketing strategy tied with the tech stack increases revenue.
VP of Marketing and Client Success begin working with a client in the final stages of an account being closed for new business. This deal could be either an audit, strategy, or retainer.
It is the VP of Marketing and Client Success responsibility to help sales build estimates and scopes of work. Once a deal is closed the VP of Marketing and Client Success either delegate the project to another marketing account lead or lead the account themselves and delegate their work to others.
Leading a client account requires taking detailed meeting notes to understand their objectives. Building growth strategies/roadmaps that will increase the client’s revenue. And performing the day to day tasks to accomplish the growth efforts in marketing tools, marketing channels, and analytics.
While the VP of Marketing and Client Success will lead to high-profile accounts, their primary focus is to lead the marketing account leads team to success. This will require an in-depth review of teamwork, constant feedback and coaching, and a clear focus on driving results for the client.
For someone to be successful in this role they will need to be able to effectively and independently communicate the scope of work and the progress in technical and lamens terms to the client. They will need to work well with the client's team to problem solve, schedule and scope urgent requests from a client or team member. Being able to schedule resources for short-term and long-term goals while staying under budget is key to success in this position.
The VP of Marketing and Client Success will be a key point of contact for growth-focused clients during their relationship with the McGaw.io. The goal of this VP of Marketing and Client Success is to support clients’ projects with strategy, scheduling, planning and scoping. VP of Marketing and Client Success act as a key leader for the client, marketing account leads, and McGaw.io sales team.
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Work remotely
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Competitive salary with opportunities for bonuses
- Company Laptop, Monitor, and other equipment needed for remote setup
- Federal holidays off for
- Radically transparent workplace
- Ample opportunity to implement your ideas and suggestions
- Become a thought leader in the marketing technology community
- Continued education and training that exceeds what you have ever seen before
- $25 monthly Starbucks allowance
- $50 monthly Uber Eats allowance
- Soup when you are sick
- Birthday and Anniversary gifts