Director of Marketing
This is a fully remote position.
To impress, inspire, challenge, and convert senior marketing leaders at 8 figure plus companies through in-depth blog posts, in-depth case studies, strategically inspiring webinars, and general thought leadership into leads, marketing qualified leads, and ultimately new marketing infrastructure and measurement contracts.
- Partner with leadership to create a 6-month content marketing calendar that contains blog posts, case studies, white papers, facts sheets, and webinars.
- Collaborate with the SEO team to deliver extremely high valuable content that drives c-suite, founders, and VP’s of marketing to our website, resources, and content.
- Strategizing, ideation, measurement, and launching lead generation pop-ups, resources, landing pages, webinars, and more to monthly lead goals.
- Supporting, collaborating, and producing various marketing activities for internal purposes. Various tasks range from email marketing, AB testing management, analytics report creation, partnership outreach/communications, scheduling of projects, and more.
- Owning, managing, and delegating to the development team and designers on ways to improve, optimize, and create new pages for the marketing site so it can effectively sell the company’s services.
- Continually educating yourself on and off the job to improve your skill and work product.
- Analyzing data in analytics, CRM, marketing automation and more to understand how users, customers, and leads are going through the site, using our materials and behaving through the entire marketing/sales funnel
- Delivering marketing qualified leads to the sales team, and continuously optimizing marketing qualified lead standards to optimize for sales qualified leads that convert into deals.
- Managing marketing automation tools to continuously improve segmentation, personalization, and automation to provide an amazingly human communication experience that converts leads into deals.
- Partner with leadership and sales to improve the connection of marketing automation and Salesforce CRM so sales have the best information to identify new leads closed deals and provide an amazingly human automated sales experience.
- Continuously look for new ways and channels to improve goals.
- Use various marketing channels including, but not limited to, AdWords, social media ads, organic social media, industry slack channels, leaderships social media, and more to drive new sources of traffic, leads, and business deals.
- Lead the execution and project management of all tasks assigned and ensure the highest quality of work product.
Skills, talents, and experiences needed to create superior results.
- 5+ years of experience working in (strategy & operations, technology) agency or other similar roles managing complex programs with multiple projects/workstreams
- Technical skillset which includes experience with Customer Data Platforms (segment preferred), Event-Driven Analytics (Amplitude and Mixpanel preferred), and Marketing Automation (Autopilot, Pardot or Marketo preferred)
- 3+ years of experience working with Salesforce Sales CRM.
- 3+ years of experience working with a marketing automation tool like Marketo, Pardot or Autopilot
- Service focused, deliver a positive, professional and consultative customer experience
- Results-driven who is fearless about execution can champion and is and roadmap and is not afraid to dig into the details.
- The data-driven mindset with proven experience utilizing metrics & insights as tools for informed decision-making
- Proactive, plan ahead, thinking in long term time frames as well as short time frames. Planning their resources while keeping tasks on time.
- An extreme eye for detail and has a preference for high quality good looking products, websites, and design
- Clear communication skills: having two ears for listening, and one mouth for talking.
- Curious to a fault, and wants to make sure they ask clarifying questions to ensure there are no assumptions and all parties are aligned.
- Ability to communicate complex technical challenges with the team and ensure they understand the value, impact, or consequence of decisions.
Observable indicators to let you know you are performing well in this role.
- Content Marketing: Successfully collaborate with leadership, and the solutions team to ideate on 2 blog posts, 1 white paper and 1 thought leadership article that will generate 200 leads, 6 meetings and 3 deals a month after their 3rd month.
- Content Marketing: Write, design, coordinate, project-manage, and launch all content marketing projects for the company to reduce marketing leadership’s involvement to less than 2 hours a month after their second month.
- Webinar Partnerships: Ideate, strategize, operate and form partnerships with vendors, clients, and new companies on at least 1 webinar per month which drives 200+ leads, 2 meetings, and 1 deal after their second month.
- Case Studies: Ideate, strategize, collaborate, design, project-manage, and launch as many case studies as possible from the services team per month. Case studies must come in the form of a blog post or dedicated landing page and pdf, and if a video testimonials is created, it should also feature a blog and pdf.
- Marketing Leads: To strategize, ideate, and launch all popup, landing pages, and lead generation tactics to drive an aggregate of 300 leads per month after their third month.
- Sales Generation: Ideate, strategize, launch and collaborate with sales to convert inbound leads into 50 marketing qualified leads, 20 sales qualified leads and 4 sales deals per month after their 3rd month.
- Sales and Marketing Operations: Strategize with sales and leadership on the best way to import, export, enrich and automate the companies leads to become marketing qualified leads.
- Project management: To communicate effectively with the team and contractors using slack, trello, and zoom meetings to ensure on-time delivery of projects. If projects are to fall behind, we must give as much notice as possible. Must be effective at communication and project management by the end of their 3rd month.
Benefits of Working for McGaw.io
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Work remotely
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Competitive salary with opportunities for bonuses
- Company Laptop, Monitor, and other equipment needed for remote setup
- Federal holidays off for
- Radically transparent workplace
- Ample opportunity to implement your ideas and suggestions
- Become a thought leader in the marketing technology community
- Continued education and training that exceeds what you have ever seen before
- $25 monthly Starbucks allowance
- $50 monthly Uber Eats allowance
- Soup when you are sick
- Birthday and Anniversary gifts
As the Director of Marketing, you are responsible for supporting the sales team and company in reaching their revenue goals. You will serve as the primary person responsible for the company’s marketing efforts and will need to bring a can-do attitude to a very busy and advanced marketing program.
You should have strong marketing skills to ensure you can work effectively across all of the marketing programs of the company.
The key objective of the Director of Marketing is to get sh*t done, support the sales team with high value leads, and help push tasks forward while providing the highest quality output. You will be receiving tasks from multiple people and you will be delegating to various people.
Your project management, communication skills, and ability to ask for help or tell people no will be one of the largest factors to success in this role.
This role will work directly with the CEO on the company's marketing. To be successful in this relationship the person must be able to take quick feedback, iterate quickly and understand that they will need to constantly improve, grow and get better at their craft to meet company standards. With a very forward communication style, which can lack a filter, you must be prepared to hear the truth about your output and be able to adapt quickly.
The company’s primary marketing is through content marketing which drives qualified leads for the sales team. Whether it be blog posts, white papers, case studies, social media, webinars, podcasts, or more, you will be the one responsible for project management, coordination, planning, and execution for these various projects.
At this time the company does not spend money on paid advertising. We do plan to have these channels tested. The Director of Marketing will help explore these channels, take ownership of the strategy and plan. If it is deemed we need to hire an agency to support you here you will be responsible for the research, due diligence, and value proposition to show leadership why this is a good or bad decision.
As the Director of Marketing you will be responsible for weekly and monthly reporting. This will require you to train yourself in various analytics tools to ensure you can not only provide the required numbers but also be able to dig into the analytics data and provide insight as to why numbers have changed, what we should do next and if what we did is or is not working.
This is a high-impact role with an amazing opportunity for growth. The right candidate will be able to work as a team, grow with the team, and understand the team is why we are a success.